In this episode, I chat with Rhoberta Shaler, PhD, The Relationship Help Doctor, about spiritual abuse. She shares her knowledge of the various aspects of spiritual abuse, how they can show up in our childhood and adult lives, and how we can safeguard ourselves so that we can live our lives authentically.
Things you’ll learn:
- What spiritual abuse is and how it differs from other forms of relationship abuse
- How belittling another person’s spiritual beliefs can be a form of abuse
- How parents can accidentally inflict spiritual abuse on their children
- How to identify subtle occurrences of spiritual abuse
- What steps you can take if you identify spiritual abuse in a relationship
About our guest:
Rhoberta Shaler, PhD, The Relationship Help Doctor, provides urgent and ongoing care for relationships in crisis. Her mission is to provide the insights, information, and inspiration for clients and audiences to transform relationships with themselves and other humans to be honest, respectful, and safe in all ways. Even the United States Marines have sought her help!
Dr. Shaler focuses on helping the partners, exes, and adult children of the relentlessly difficult people she calls Hijackals® to stop the crazy-making and save their sanity.
Author of sixteen books including Escaping the Hijackal Trap and Stop! That’s Crazy-Making, she hosts two podcasts: Emotional Savvy and Save Your Sanity. Her YouTube channel, ForRelationshipHelp, has reached over 305,000 views.
Looking for more? Check out my other episodes here.
Spark a conversation by commenting below or saying hi at @geekgirltarot on Instagram.